In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10.6mm Erfurt revolver.

drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
I asked questions regarding this revolver a while back http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74627 and am grateful for the responses and asking again in hopes of some more opinions. This time I'm mostly interested in what it's worth as I'm contemplating selling it so any input would be greatly appreciated.

image002.jpg
The rest of the photos are below the Colt at
http://www.theatricallighting.net/new_page_1.htm
Thanks Drawn

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARIVING SAFELY IN ONE PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED PIECE, BUT, TO SKID ACROSS THE LINE BROADSIDE, THOUGHRLY USED UP, WORN OUT, LEAKING OIL, SHOUTING GERONIMO!!"

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    What is it worth to you? The last thread was fairly accurate.

...honor is important only when dealng with honorable men.
    You asked if I have reverence? I have reverence for truth, but I do not know what truth is. I suspect there are many truths, and therefore, I suspect all who claim to have THE truth. L'Amour
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry if I offended you Mr Carter In my thanks I ment to thank you for your opinion and am merely inquiring again to be thorough.

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARIVING SAFELY IN ONE PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED PIECE, BUT, TO SKID ACROSS THE LINE BROADSIDE, THOUGHRLY USED UP, WORN OUT, LEAKING OIL, SHOUTING GERONIMO!!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drawn
    Sorry if I offended you Mr Carter In my thanks I ment to thank you for your opinion and am merely inquiring again to be thorough.

Not at all. I was curious what else you needed to know.
    If you put it on auction, I'm sure you will get more than opinion.

You asked if I have reverence? I have reverence for truth, but I do not know what truth is. I suspect there are many truths, and therefore, I suspect all who claim to have THE truth. L'Amour
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe something special collectors look for in these pistols. I appreciate the time folks like yourself take to share your knowledge.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, there are special things.
    Are the numbers matchings? What are the regimental markings on the butt?
    (example 2 I R. 34. 234). Is the safety intact? (lever NOT broken). What year accepted (on Erfurt, it's usually the year made).

Hope that helps.