In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blurry crosshairs

jonesj8jonesj8 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
Tonight I fired at a 600yd range for the first time. I shot well but my crosshairs often became blurry against the black target. What adustments should I make or is this just something I have to deal with. The paralax on the scope only goes to 300 and then to infinity.

Thanks
John

Comments

• Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Jones hate to tell ya but maybe its not the scope just the onset of aged vision?
    Seriously, when you changed the scope adjustment for paralax from 300 to infinity did you see any change? I didn't think so I don't notice it on mine either. You might try to use the rear eyepiece focus ring if your scope is equipped with it, my Leupolds and Burris's all have it. Simply adjust it in or out until your crosshairs are focused. I think the directions tell you to focus it against a white wall in your home but I've found that I get bet results at the range, then set the lockring and yer dun'.[;)]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what type of scope please?

did you keep both eyes open?

Is the rear occular lense adjusted correctly to YOUR eye?
    (I am betting this one has some percentage of blame)

After how many rounds in what amount of time did the reticle blur?

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rear eyepeice focus ring will definitely take car of your problem. I believe every scope has one. If it is on a rifle that you do not hunt with and shoot from all different distances at the range, I suggest focusing each of your more common distances in and marking the rear of your scope so you can change between them easily. Don't do anything drastic like etch it in, but try a little line of "white out" or something similar. Unless someone can make a super nice etch job with a line and the yardage.

I hope all of that made sense.

Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslovers
    The rear eyepeice focus ring will definitely take car of your problem. I believe every scope has one.

Better look a little closer next time you're standing over the scope case.

Save the seals-club a liberal instead.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    What caliber were you shooting ?
    Sometimes when I'm shooting the really big one's my vision get's a little blurry after a while too.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.