In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Commemorative's Values

Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have stumpbled across an elderly ailing gent that has a bunch of the Winchester 1894 commemorative rifles.
I am going to "try" to buy a few.
Could you guys please give me some help on what these things are worth??
First i have no idea if they have been fired or hunted with,but because the guy has collected so many(over 60)i have a feeling they are going to be unfired or very close to mint.
So since i dont positively know the above could th pricing you give me reflect mint to excellent condition.
Here are a few i was thinking about.
1.Cowboy Comm. He has three one of which appears to be a carbine of a 1 of 300 set.

2.NRA Centeenial Musket

3.Wyoming Jubilee 75th Anniversery

4.Nebraska Centennial

5. John Wayne Comm.

Others i was curious about were the:
Yellow Boy Indian Carbine
Apache Carbine
Commanche Carbine
Sioux Carbine
Cheyenne Carbine in a weird caliber of 44-40

Any help is appreciated.

mike

Comments

• Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    For what it is worth, I went into a gun shop one day and they had a whole rack of commeratives at what I thought were good prices. I asked the clerk about the reasonable pricing and he showed me several of them with cracked forearms! Told me that the collector decided to sell them all rather than try to repair them or replace the forearms. It appeared that the barrels under the forearms began to rust and the rust built up so much that it cracked the forearms. Other than that, the rifles looked perfect. Don't know what would cause that since the rest of the rifle looked perfect. Bad storage and or cleaning habits, perhaps? Just thought I would let you know so it would give you an idea on what to look for upon inspection before you buy.

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
    NRA Life Member
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.cherrys.com

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Duck.
    That helped a good bit.
    Lastly i just got off the phone with the person and none have been fired and come with the original cases.

mike
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Blue Book values (100% Condition):

Cowboy Commemorative Carbine (1970)......$450

Cowboy Carbine "1 of 300" (1970).......$2750

NRA Centennial Musket (1971).....$425

Wyoming Diamond Jubilee 94 Carbine (1964)....$1295

Nebraska Centennial 94 Rifle (1966).....$1195

John Wayne (1981)......$995

Don't find the others listed.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Xracer, could you check the Jesse James/James Gang commemorative 94 also, pleas.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jesse James is not listed in the Blue Book. call "America Remembers" for that info

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Sorry Fishermanben.....as duckhunter says, no Jesse James. Will you settle for an Annie Oakley?[:D] Or maybe a Buffalo Bill?[;)]
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the commemoratives they have to be 100% with the origional box. If the box is missing and it appears that they have been fired or the action cycled to many times the price drops dramatically. Still nice to look at. I bought my step father the NRA Musket 30 years age with no box. It's probably only worth about $100.00 more than what I paid for it so not great from am investment standpoint.