In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charter Arms Cranes

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I need to know if the Charter Arms Bulldog 44 crane will work on the 357 Bulldog. The 38 crane will not fit but I don't have a 44 crane available to see if they will work.With a 28 crane the cylinder is too long so I would guess the 357 crane is thinner. So anyone who owns the 44 bulldog let me know the overall length if the cylinder

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
- Max Lerner

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I got a .44 Bulldog but I'm letting my sister borrow it for awhile. If you can't get the info soon I'll try to get by her place with some calipers

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a new in the box Target Bulldog with adjustable sights and the cylinder measures 40MMs or 1.585" or 1&9/16" [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 44 cylinder has a boss on the front and the ratchet on the rear.
    The overall dimension including boss and ratchet is 1.682. Cylinder less these two protrusions is 1.576. Boss height is .035.
    ATF- Take that new gun out of the box and make it used. Get Charter, not Pachmyr, rubber grips & flatten the grips' rear curvature almost to the frame by grinding then go shoot it.
    It's very accurate and the modified grip helps a lot with both a better
    handhold and recoil. Lighter bullets in heavy loads are more pleasant.
    The 250 grainers in hot loads are murder at both ends and can jump the crimp.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    The 44 cylinder has a boss on the front and the ratchet on the rear.
    The overall dimension including boss and ratchet is 1.682. Cylinder less these two protrusions is 1.576. Boss height is .035.
    ATF- Take that new gun out of the box and make it used. Get Charter, not Pachmyr, rubber grips & flatten the grips' rear curvature almost to the frame by grinding then go shoot it.
    It's very accurate and the modified grip helps a lot with both a better
    handhold and recoil. Lighter bullets in heavy loads are more pleasant.
    The 250 grainers in hot loads are murder at both ends and can jump the crimp.

The gun is going on the G.B. Auction.It's N.I.B. with all papers.
    standard.jpg
    At 20 ozs. it weighs a full pound less than my S&W 696 .44 spl.

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll bet it shoots as well as your S&W. At a pound less it makes for a
    better carry gun. The weight and bulk difference is a BIG issue.
    There's competition now with the titanium and scandium revolvers but at a greater price.
    I put a bobbed hammer and the modified rubber grips on my Target Bulldog.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    I'll bet it shoots as well as your S&W. At a pound less it makes for a
    better carry gun. The weight and bulk difference is a BIG issue.
    There's competition now with the titanium and scandium revolvers but at a greater price.
    I put a bobbed hammer and the modified rubber grips on my Target Bulldog.

Why is my cylinder longer?

I carry a P-11 Kel-Tec Stainless weighs the same as the Charter empty but with 11 rounds of 9mm Glazer Saftey Slugs.[^]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg