In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for Bert H

vepr762vepr762 Member Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
BertH,
You know old Winchester leverguns and the market for them, I don't. I was given a dealer's sight to go to www.joesalter.com and they have a great inventory to choose from. My question is, are the prices and grading fair and have you purchased or know of anyone that has purchased from them?

I'm in the market for an early/post 1900-preWW1 94.

Thanks

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello vepr762...

I have looked at many of the Winchesters on Joe Salter's website in the past, and I did purchase a Model 1885 barrel that he had listed (no problems with the transaction). His descriptions are very good, and his photos are even better. I really like the fact the he posts at least 10-12 different photos of each gun that he has listed.

Now with that said, his prices are right at the upper end of full retail value, but at the same time, they are not ridiculously high. I personally do not believe that you could go wrong purchasing a collectable Winchester from him.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • vepr762vepr762 Member Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bert,

I noticed some of the rifles have import marks. Are these rifles less desireable or have an effect on value?
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To my way of thinking, yes, they are less desirable and valuable. However, if we are talking about a rare variant, or a gun with special order options, it will have less of a negative affect.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!