In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt model of 1911 u s army

bopesterbopester Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
hi all experts out there.i need help dating and puting a value on a colt.ser# 95858,p h stamped on bbl,double diamond grips,looks all orig.?inspectors mark w g p...star under slide at rear near firing pin *.h at back of slide above firing-pin retainer."h y "top of frame behind mag well.. a D-D..looks like a D or a square box? one in front mag well and one on top,to the right, right frame slide rail.thats all i can find in here.thanks for all you can do for me.bope bopester in here bopeauto@comcast.net.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Built 1914 value ??? need good close up pictures.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    P, H on barrel....P = Proof, H = Francis L. Hosmer, civilian inspector 12/18/11 to 8/15/25 from Ser. # 400 to 710,000

WGP....Maj. Walter G. Penfield, Inspector of Ordnance 1/2/11 to 9/30/14, Ser. # 1 to 101,500

H, Y top of frame.....Provisional ordnance inspection mark (H=Hosmer) and assembler's mark.

DD or D in a box....????

Other than the last, all marks seem consistant with that serial number and a 1914 manufacture date.
  • Options
    bopesterbopester Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Xracer
    P, H on barrel....P = Proof, H = Francis L. Hosmer, civilian inspector 12/18/11 to 8/15/25 from Ser. # 400 to 710,000

WGP....Maj. Walter G. Penfield, Inspector of Ordnance 1/2/11 to 9/30/14, Ser. # 1 to 101,500

H, Y top of frame.....Provisional ordnance inspection mark (H=Hosmer) and assembler's mark.

DD or D in a box....????

Other than the last, all marks seem consistant with that serial number and a 1914 manufacture date.
    thanks alot.im getting some decent info in here.your input was much welcomed t.y. bope