In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Limbsaver recoil Pads

konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone used the new limbsaver recoil pads. Any input would be apprciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have been thinking about putting one of these pads on one of my rifles. Has anyone else used them? Are they worth the few extra dollars? Do they lessen felt recoil all that much compared to a plane jane recoil pad that come on a economical rifle from the gun store? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was thinking of ordering the Limbsaver recoil pad for my Benelli 121 M1. Anyone know if these actually work? They have the exact fit for Super Black Eagle, Sport 12 ga.,M-1 Field & Montifeltro 12 ga. Wood. These are all the same and only model. Will this fit a Benelli 121 M1? What about the grind to fit? Is it easy? Look OK?

Jim Kammerer
  • Options
    laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i put one on each of my 2 12 gauge shotguns and they are well worth the price, very big difference in felt recoil. plan to get one for my 300 win mag
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    They are worth every penny, I have several and enjoy every one.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Just get the limbsaver, it is worth every penny. I have fored light 308's that would only kick as hard as a 243 after the pad was installed.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    They work very well, but you need to be really careful that they don't get hot if you use one of the grind to fit pads.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well from this point, I have an 870 12 gauge 21" Turkey gun. It will make a 3" 2 Oz. load feel like a 2 3/4 heavy trap load. I love them, but now see Remington has a new mfg. making pads for them.
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Put one on a 30-06 that would take your shoulder off. Very comfortable to shoot now. Put a slip on version on my sons shotgun and loves it too. Worth every penny....
  • Options
    br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited November -1
    I like the X COIL brand better, it acorbes recoil better to me. the Limbsaver is good also.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got an old double barrell muzzle loading 12 ga it is the only gun to ever bring tears to my eyes, put a slip on limbsaver pad on it and it is now bearable still will turn you sideways but it is shootable, the only downsize I've found is you can't leave the pads on for a long time it messed up the finish on the butt and buttplate got some surface rust I'm guessing from sweat, but this was after about a year, now I take it off after rabbitt season its not on there more than two months and have'nt had any trouble since.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok i installed one on my 25-06 AI today. I will be shooting tomorrow. Ill keep yall posted. Thanks for all the advice.