In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

general liability for ffl's

kc836kc836 Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
does anybody know of any other than Joseph Chiarello & Co, that offer affordable ffl insurance? im looking a a general liability policy. min i have found is a +1000 a year. being home based that seems high. any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    I don't know about "home based," but when I quit more than 10 years ago, I was paying more than that a month!
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is cheap considering the nature of the beast. Joseph Chiarello & Co, is about the best you are going to find price wise. I am sure that the amount quoted you only covered sales. If you want to work on the guns too, the insurance premium's will increase exponentially.

That is why a lot of us who have or had FFL's will tell you, only get one if you are going to use it to make money with full time. There is no such thing as a break even, part time, or hobby FFL these days, if done right.
  • Options
    XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only one I could find when I opened my shop charged 10% of my gross sales for lability ins. First bill was an estimated sales projection. Then it was based on actual sales. I had to make up the difference on my first year policy because I figured it low.