In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 60, iron sight options?

beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
I want to swap out the lame iron sights on my model 60 and install peep sights.

Is there one that will drop into the scope dovetail on this rifle?

Any other good NON-scope sighting options?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe Brownells sells a Williams Peep thats made specifically, to fit the receiver dove tails on .22 rifles.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup.

Spoke to Williams and they told me that it was likely I'd have to raise the front sight for this to work.

Anyone know where I could find a higher than usual front sight for a Marlin model 60?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,043 ******
    edited November -1
    My Marlin 99, pre-cursor to the 60, is drilled and tapped on the left side of the receiver for a Williams receiver sight that works with the original front sight. Do you see two tiny plug screws on the left side of the receiver?
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    This thread just peaked my curiosity so I had to check my Marlin 60. The side of my receiver isn't drilled and tapped.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Assuming your Marlin has the standard 3/8" dovetail for the front sight, (as I believe most modern rimfires do) a taller replacement should EASY to find. Numrich lists generic front sights of various hieghts. You just need to figure out how tall you need.