In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

44 mag

skeens41skeens41 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
About 3 weeks ago I posted a question about what type 44 I should buy, and I got some good advice. I went in to town and bought a 4" SS rubber grip S&W. I want to tell those who answered my questions and recommended the S&W Thanks, It shoots just fine and handles a mag load real nice without much kick, what I really like about it is it's balance it does not jump around in your hand when firing a mag load it comes stright up like a good weapon should.
Thanks again
Harry

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Ruger SST Blackhawk,44 mag 10 1/2 inch barrel with standard grips. I use this revolver for hunting only,problem is when I shoot it more than 2-3 times,it cracks my middle finger when the trigger guard hits it. What can I do ? ...no I'm not gonna sell it..LOL Any remedy?I thought about tape or some kind of softing system...what say?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who has a 44 mag s&w trail boss.were these a mass produced gun?I don't think these would make a good carry for personal protection may good for home defence? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you shoot the same rounds though a rifle that you can a pistol?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have experience with a red dot scope/sight on a 44 mag?
    I have a S/W 629 44 mag that I am considering taking hog hunting and I am also considering a red dot type scope. Not really needing magnification bc shots will be under 50 yrds.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey ruger guys, vaquero 44mag, mint condition. 7 1/2 barrel w/ box and papers. came with ruger pin, got a great deal on it. not for sale, but wondering the value? 1980s model
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Case color or stainless??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry, case color
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Color Cased and in good shape, you are talking about 300.00-350.00. They were SAA style, but had a frame that was larger than the SAA. The new ones are scaled down, and will not handle a 44 Magnum.
  • Options
    edited November -1