In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Mod. 63 X

fishydrfishydr Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
I know this is a long shot but I just purchased a groove-top Win. 63, serial number 163587x. Winchester added the x to serial numbers that were duplicated. The chances of ever finding that other gun with the same number is pretty remote but I thought stranger things have happened. The condition is nearly unfired condition. I would love to put those two guns together. Perhaps the owner of that missing link will read this post. There were only 10,000 grooved 63's so the chance may be a shade better than remote.

Fishydr

Comments

• Options
    fishydrfishydr Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this is a long shot but I just purchased a groove-top Win. 63, serial number 163587x. Winchester added the x to serial numbers that were duplicated. The chances of ever finding that other gun with the same number is pretty remote but I thought stranger things have happened. The condition is nearly unfired condition. I would love to put those two guns together. Perhaps the owner of that missing link will read this post. There were only 10,000 grooved 63's so the chance may be a shade better than remote.

Fishydr
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Luck, the best .22 I have ever pulled the trigger on.
  • Options
    shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had the same thought. For the last year I have been looking for a Winchester Model 70 that is close to #4393xx and #3297xx. I have done some rough math and figured out how many 70's were made in 1954 and divided by the approximate number of days of production. I figure that about 155 were made a day. I have had the idea that if I could find another one within 50, it was quite possibly made the same day. That would have no value to any one but me (an excuse to buy another model 70) I have found two in the last year but both sold before I could contact the sellers. Good luck.