In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mauser rebarrel

maschevymaschevy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I'll be haveing a wonderful old mauser rebarreled. I want it to be chambered in 25 gibbs or 250 savage. I want to get the chamber reamer and barrel before takeing it in. who would have these reamers? it will make a great mule deer rifle here in western Colorado. thanks

Comments

• Options
    maschevymaschevy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone have info on the unissued Norwegian target barrel for Mauser 98 in .308? Are these barrels worth buying? Or should I just buy an Adams & Bennett for less? thanks for any input
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't have any experience with the norwegian m-98 barrels but their m-i garand barrels are held in high reguard. The A&B barrels are fine for a hunting rifle but would not be my first choice for a target rifle.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably pretty good stuff. I have a couple of the barrells used by the British for their Mauser based target rifle and they shoot great with midweight bullets.