In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg pistol grips?

irishpride747irishpride747 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
Do all mossberg shot guns have the ability to be turned into a pistol grip if you buy a kit? or do only certain mossberg's do that? if not wich ones can and how hard is to convert them to a pistol grip. -Brady

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should all work. However the 20ga uses a different size grip than the 12ga.

By the way both ga's are really painful to shoot with the factory mossberg grip.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    And you need a *really* long flat head screwdriver to change it out...
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what model mossberg do you have? simple process involves removing the stock and installing the grip and like iwannausername stated, you will need a really long flat head screwdriver. the directions are in the mossberg manual and usually come with the grip if new. i've found the factory grips that i have do interchange between a 12 and 20 and do "smart" like drobs stated. the tac-star grips are bigger and more hand filling along with a better angle equaling less pain.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Speedfeed makes a nice, smooth pistol grip with a swivel stud that doesn't hurt at all; you just pick up the gun after shooting. In a pinch, a tire iron will work as a screwdriver...
  • Options
    rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a pistol grip for a 500 12 ga. Scared to try it on my 18.5 500. The box it is in just collects dust in the back of my gun cab. Would love to see it go to good use.