In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is this a Colt Shopkeeper? Third Thread

altnuttaltnutt Member Posts: 80
edited May 2012 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

I called Colt and got a verbal,

They told me that it was produced as a .45 blued gun and shipped Jan 22, 1881 part of a 50 gun shipment to Simmons Hardware. No record of the flatop or barrel length. The hardcopy letter will follow soon probably within a week or two. So nothing to confirm the barrel length or flattop target model. I highly doubt someone could have made the flattop though. It would be an epic hassle and wouldn't come out like that. The biggest thing is the barrel and sight in my opinion. Is there no way to find out the truth?

Comments

• Options
    altnuttaltnutt Member Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    Here is the Colt letter. Also I have another question, the grips for a 1st Gen SAA will not fit on this gun. This gun has a frame that is larger and the grips are too short. What does that mean?

Colt-Letter.jpg
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stocks were fit to individual guns, each grip frame is slightly different, so one might not fit on another. Since it wasn't mentioned in the letter, your gun would have come standard with one piece Walnut Stocks. The Ivory stocks are replacements and weren't fitted to the gun.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!