In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

870 wingmaster

JohnT86JohnT86 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited May 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have been having trouble with my 870. It doesn't go bang anymore.. Pulled the firing pin and it measures 2 15/16 just like a new one.. I have seen a pin with the dimensions of 3 1/6.. should I look for one of those?

Comments

• JohnT86JohnT86 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a 870 wingmaster 20 gauge. Excellent condition. Shot maybe 25 times. Had it for about 25 yrs. serial # is V487879X. I no longer have the time to hunt etc., and wish to sell it. What is a good price to sell this thing for. I want to sell it on my own. Have had numerous offers from $70 to $125. Remington has it listed at msrp of $645. I just want to get a good price for it. Thanks much! Any additional info needed.........let me know![;)]
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster in a 12 gauge. It has a 30 inch barrel with a full choke made about 1981. It is in excellent condition. I would like to know the value of the shot gun. I am also hearing form a few locals. That there are some good models and some not so good. The year I have in particular they say is a bad one. Can someone give me a inside on why and what to look for? What are the differences in the early ones and the newer ones? Any info would sure help...Thanks
    edited November -1
    I own a remington 870 from the early 70s with a 3 " chamber and 30" full choke. This gun has sat in the rack all winter except for maybe 2 or 3 times to wipe it down. The other day I took it off the rack and the rib is slightly canted and will not line up flush with the receiver. Any ideas why this would happen? The barrel nut is tight and with the barrel nut off the barrel will line up flush once I tighten the barrel nut it is slighy tilted to the left.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did it get dropped?
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    See if the pin is in the left side of the reciever. It is there to align the barrel.