In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is this???

chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
edited May 2012 in Ask the Experts
Hello guys I'm new to the Board and have a question, the pictures aren't to good but hoping someone can tell me what this gun is? if you can't see the pictures well enough I will try and get some new ones, any ideas? please copy & paste link to look to see this click the second link not the first one
and thank you in advance for any help
Bill

http://www.domainnamesanity.com/webumake/wwwsites/www.huntingnewhampshire.com/1billsgun.html

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I need help with a gun a friend gave to me. It has a straight bolt and looks to be a little bigger than .22 caliber. The only letters I can find on it is the word "Irocca" in very small letters on the bolt. Looks to be WWII vintage and european. Has some carved or burned numbers on the stock, but they make no sense to me. Magazine well looks like a magazine about .22 size or a little bigger would fit in it. Any ideas???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check this auction out 288930550. Am I missing something or is this guy nuts????
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say the fumes from teh glue and varnish got to his brain...
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It is not easy to find stocks made from American Walnut Teak, which must be a very odd looking tree. He has 10 A+ ratings.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talking about deluded fantasies, $1800 for some bubbas handiwork, unbelievable.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama
    I'd say the fumes from teh glue and varnish got to his brain...

Fumes from something is giving him delusions [:o)][8]
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that is some ugly work
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard telling what his motive is, but I suspect, he is encouraging a fishing expedition, for someone to find out what his reserve is...also suspected to be lower than his Buy Now price...much lower.

Best
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope it shoots good because it lacks a bit in the looks department.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMGosh that is the ugliest worst stock that I have ever seen, and to put a Remington and Nikon on that thing is just wrong...
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our assessment isn't really important now, is it? We knew that this was an unusual auction guaranteed to elicit reactions from just about all of the members when it was posted.

I think we've all seen dozens of auctions where we disagreed with the pricing and/or the quality for the price. CaptFun isn't going to establish a precedent by ruling against this types of auction because that would be ludicrous. Everyone has the right to run auctions no matter what our opinion of the merchandise is. If you don't like what is offered, don't bid. [:D]

Remember our Fallen.

Best.