In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PARKHURST SHOTGUN ID

mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
i was scrounging around in GUN STORAGE ROOM #2 (lesser made shotguns, and miscaleneous parts)at the shop and i found an item of intrest that i am having trouble identifying.

i have the sideplates/locks??? for a double gun. all the springs and the hammersand pins appear intact. i think its from a SXS shotgun.

LEFT HAND PLATE: "PARKHURST"
RIGHT HAND PLATE: "MACHINE MADE"

i am unfamiliar with this maker, or i am blocking out what i know. i am drawing a blank.

any ideas, info, value, history, date, etc...
best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Comments

• CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, there were two 'Parkhurst' shotguns. One is English, the other Belgian, with the English being the older of the two.

'Machine Made' is the giveaway. Those locks came off of a Belgian 'Parkhurst' shotgun made by Dumoulin between c.1885-1905. Were you to have the barrels, they would read 'Belgium Fine Damascus' on the rib.

FFL Dealer, Class 07/02 Mfg