In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HK91 Question

marek13marek13 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hello Everyone, over the weekend I had a chance to shoot hk91 at the local shooting range, I like it a lot and I am planning to get either hk91 or 93,unfortunatle I can't afford to get an original pre-ban model so I check some listings here on GB for the part kits on US receiver, How are they compared to the original ones, I know I cant compare them (collector wise) but functionality wise. As a shooter rifle how are they, and where should I get them to get the best deal and quality (so many different websites offers them and lot different receivers) please help
And one more thing are they make HK93 from parts kits[8)]

Comments

• Options
    vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes, 93 clones are being made. If you can afford it, spend $1000-$1250 on a steel receiver GREEK Springfield Armory SAR3 or SAR8... closest thing you can get to an HK91.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't overlook a SW3 from Special Weapons LLC. You won't be disappointed with one of those. Quality is VERY high and probably 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of an HK91.
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    $400.00 stainless steel recievered CETME, worth every penny.

Use the search engine inthe upper right corner of your screen, browse for "CETME" and read through some of the longer, more detailed posts.

fm_cr.jpgcomp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am ordering 3 cetme's today in the new synthetic stocks. $349.99 each Delivered with 4 mags. Actually the Cetme's were built first. HK copied them. I will just put them in the safe. Hopefully after the assault weapons ban does not sunset they will be worth more.
  • Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can expect the Century CETME's to need some tinkering. Fully 1/3 of the CETME rifles I've gotten have had to go back for one thing or another - the front sight being canted is a common problem, excessive headspace is another.

Century's gun-apes do manage to fix them, though, and they are certainly serviceable rifles after that.

FFL Dealer, Class 07/02 Mfg
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:When I was thinking of selling mine I checked and saw several going unsold at $1,000-$1,200.

That would be a darn good price. I think I've seen $1800 as the lowest and as you can imagine that got a lot of bids.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sax, when the government extends the law, people will run out and buy every assault weapon available. Happened in 94. Fear drives any market. Granted there are thousands of em' just like the $79.00 sks's in 94. If I'm wrong they are still good buys now for 350 a gun delivered. I don't know many new guns in time that depreciate.
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Cetme's, et al from Century are a hit and miss thing. Century's QC is iffy at best. Go with the Springfield. At least you know more or less where the parts came from.