In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Canadian Transfer

SeawishSeawish Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have a clue as to how I go about buying a rifle as a gift for a Canadian Resisdent? Surely someone has sold a gun to someone in Canada. If it's easier if I sell it to him for a dollar? It kind of takes away the suprise, but I could do that too.
Thanks for any help.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    bjsgear@hotmail.combjsgear@hotmail.com Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI, MY CDN DEALER SAYS THE PAPER WORK AND GUN MUST GO FROM YOUR FFL DEALER TO OUR CDN DEALER 3 MONTHS OF WAITING ON PAPER WORK USUALLY. TAKES THE SAME TIME FOR ME TO ORDER A BARREL FROM "GUNPARTS" THANKS TO CLINTON AND OUR ********** PM CRHETIAN OR HOWEVER YOU SELL HIS NAME!IT CAN HAPPEN JUST TAKES TIME AND $25CDN DOLLARS TO REGISTER IT TO THE NEW OWNER, BRYAN.[:)]

BEEJAYYY!
    BRYAN: NO Profanity allowed on the FORUMS.......
  • Options
    texas-shootertexas-shooter Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have made many trips into Canada (BC) hunting. I would just send them the money and let your friend buy the gun in country. You have to have a permit just to buy ammo there.

Texas-Shooter
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "...CDN DEALER SAYS THE PAPER WORK AND GUN MUST GO FROM YOUR FFL DEALER TO OUR CDN DEALER 3 MONTHS OF WAITING ON PAPER WORK..." Shut off your caps lock. This is nonsense. Our side doesn't care about FFL's. and it does not have to go anywhere near a Canadian dealer. Once the US State Dept is finished with their approvals etc.
    Do what texas-shooter says. Send the money. It ain't worth the aggravation from your State Dept. Your lot has decided as a result of 9/11 has made exporting anything pertaining to firearms or bits and pieces much more difficult. Any firearm being shipped out must have an 'Enduser' certificate issued by State. It's really easier to send a cheque or money order.