In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How to update C&R license after moving?

nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyone,

I just moved to a new home and was wondering how to update my C&R License to reflect my new address?

When I got the license I informed the ATF I was going to be moving soon and they said there was a number to just call to update their records and get a new collector license.

Anyone know the proper procedures for me?

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    WHEN I UPDATED MY FFL I HAD TO SEND IN THE ORIGINAL.
  • Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No need to send in the original. There is a form available on the ATF website to apply for an 'amended' FFL. This is the correct form to send in for a change of address.

I was fortunate in that ATF allowed me to fax the form to Atlanta, and they issued the amended license the same day. Probably would never happen like that again.

FFL Dealer, Class 07/02 Mfg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, same day. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Hello Nitro and welcome back to GB! If you relocate your collection premises or change your mailing address you are supposed to notify the ATF on Form 5300.38 at least 30 days before making the change. The reality is that most people do this AFTER they have settled into their new home. You can download the form (I am no computer wizzard so cross your fingers) at www.atf.gov/pdfs/f530038.pdf. If this fails (and these always fail when I try them) you can send mail to the National Licensing Center, 2600 Century Parkway NE, Suite 400, Atlanta, GA 30345 1-404-417-2750 from 8am to 4:30 pm EST. You can also e-mail them at NLC@atla.atf.treas.gov So have you managed to escape from Kalifornia or have you simply relocated somewhere inside the state?

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Mark,

I have just moved a few blocks from one house to another. If you have two kids in the military you are entitled to a 3 bedroom house, I got to move merely from a two bedroom to a three. So it wasn't a big move.
    I really wish I just would of bought a house when I first came out here, but everyone said 'don't plan on staying long- whole unit is leaving soon'....two years later I'm still here.