In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1st Generation Glock Values

richc5richc5 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
Looking for estimate/value of 1st generation NIB Glocks:

Model 22 .40 with (2) 13 round mags

Model 23 .40 with (2) 15 round mags

Includes all original factory packaging, cleaning rods and paperwork.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the only First generation Glocks were the 17 and 19.First gens have no grenade pattern on front of grip or backstrap.About$600 sounds about right for either one of the 40cals with two hicaps.CW

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most people consider the first generation Glock to be thier first model (no sarcasm, just aptly noted). The second generation added finger-grooves on the grip, and the third generation kept the finger-grooves and added an accessory rail.
    The Gun Trader's Guide (23rd edition) lists the 22 at $395 and the 23 at $390.
    Of course if they are NIB as stated that will add SOME to the value (many people are seeking the accessory rail on the 3rd gen models). The mags should bring $75 each, so it might be an option to sell them seperately and replace them with 10 rounders - I'd just wait and see, maybe a collector would be interested in them too.

In all honesty, I'd think they'd bring around $500 each relatively quickly as described. If you were patient, you could maybe get $600 each as cwatson stated.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    PythonPython Member Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    richc5;
    I have to agree with bambihunter and CWatson. In the condition
    you discribe $500 to $600 sounds right. I'll probably catch h*ll for this, but, Glocks just never have done anything for me. They are a very PLAIN looking pistol to me. The only feature the glock has I think worthwhile is the trigger mounted safety. Sorry Guys, Just my own opinion. Not meant to cast disperions on these otherwise EXTREMELY popular pistols.
  • Options
    CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bambihunter has it close but not correct.1st gen Glocks had stippling like the grip patter wrapped all the way around the front and back strap.Second gens added the checkered,sometimes called grenade pattern on front and back strap.All subcompacts and early compact and full size third gens have finger grooves with later full size and compact having the accessory rail added to the front dust cover.No second gen has finger grooves.CW

1.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!

2.NEVER WASTE MONEY ON SPRINGFIELD ARMORY!!