In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Blue Book ?

mulletguter53mulletguter53 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
Is there much difference between editions one or two years apart ?

I just buy or sell a few guns a year . Have the 22 ED. which I use as a reference along with GB. and other sources . Is it time to get the new one ?

Comments

• Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont waste your money. I did and the only thing I will say is the things your doing now is working. the differences in the books was nothing if you wait and buy every three or four years it will keep you in tune with things.

IF YOUR GONNA PLAY YOU GOTTA PAY!!!
  • Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto! I buy every other year although this year they sent a card to get one direct for $29 I think it's worth that. It reallly is goood reference but things don't change much in 2 years.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The blue book is only meant to be a general guide, as to the price of guns. Depending on the demand, geographical location, as well as other factors, guns can (and often do) have a very different value, than what you will find in the blue book. (even a new book) Use a few different sources when looking up the value of a gun. One source is seeing how much a gun "has sold for" on online auctions.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    mulletguter53mulletguter53 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the Info. I Think I will wait and get next years Ed.
  • Options
    bigcountry_75214bigcountry_75214 Member Posts: 494
    edited November -1
    If you have a Half-Price book store close by give them a try. They get all their books in bulk and if they don't sell fast they will mark them down. I got a brand new 21st a few years back for $5. The secret is to dig down to the bottom of the stack, where they get cheeper.