In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ARMINUS 32 REVOLVER

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
I am looking, on line, at an Arminus revolver in 32 S&W. It is in excellent condition. My book shows it to be a model 532TB and worth about $125. The gun is actually manufactured by H. Weihrauch in Germany. I have a 22 target revolver by H. Weihrauch that looks and shoots great. Was sold under the EAA name. The 32 looks the same as the 22 and has the same adjustable sights. I can buy the 32 for about $130. Or, I can go with an early S&W or Colt for about $250. Is the Arminus worth $150? I do not want a "trash" gun.

Comments

• Options
    DEG305DEG305 Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had an Arminus .44 mag, a .357mag and still have a .32s&w long. I would rate all three of them on the bottom end of any scale.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone once gave me an Arminius .32, & I used it for a few years. It is definitely not a "trash" gun, but certainly below the quality of Colt or S&W. I think it's made better than most IJ & H&R revolvers I've seen.

I eventually got rid of it, as, well, there's really no good reason for ANY .32 revolver. Ammo's too expensive for plinking, & the Arminius isn't any good for target shooting. And, it will never be collectible. There's just no good reason to go out & buy one, unless, maybe, it's REALLY cheap.

Neal
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Your intended purpose for it could make a difference. But as stated the .32 S&W round is very obsolete, as is the 38 S&W.
    For about the same (possibly less) $, you could probably pick up an older Taurus Model 82 in 38SPL that would be more accurate and powefull.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    I bought an Arminus close to thirty years ago in .357 cal. and after less than 100 rounds I had the rear sight come off. The timing on the cylinder got out of whack after less than 300 rounds. Maybe it was bad luck I don't know. I do know that the quality wasn't there.Tried to go cheap and it cost me. I have since used Colt, Ruger and Smith & Wesson and I beleive you would be better off spending the money for QUALITY. Just my 2 cents worth.