In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage 219B

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
i looked at one of these today in 22 hornet. condition VG.when i got home to look up price and more info i can't find the book,senior moment i guess, any ideas on this. thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have recently aquired a mint 219B 30/30 single shot. Does anyone have any ideas on a fair value. I never see or hear of them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

37 fan
  • Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always had a soft spot for them, but if you are thinking of buying it, make up some snap caps and try the trigger pull first. They very often have awful pulls and the heavy striker spring that was used in an attempt to speed up ignition makes it extremely difficult to solve the problem.
  • Options
    GaBobGaBob Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Savage 219 that I bought new about 1960. I have no idea how many thousand rounds have been thru it. Hundreds of foxes and snakes and maybe a thousand prairie dogs. I love the old rifles. They have a weak link like all guns. The firing pins break. Takes about 5 minutes to replace. I make my own nowdays and keep a couple under the buttplate in a hole I drilled. I have had that old singleshot K-Hornet so hot that I had to quit shooting it on Prairie dogs.
    As was stated before the trigger pulls are not great.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    My "Gun Traders guide" doesn't list a "B" model. But the standard lists at $180. in Ex condition. The 219L w/side lever at $129.
    I don't take these "book" values as Gospel. But "horseshoes" close.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks all for the info,the shop wants 300 for this one guess i'll pass. also my senior moment passed, my son has the book i was looking for.