In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

20 caliber arbor for a Bushnell Boresighter

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone make a 20 caliber arbor? I called Bushnell, Simmons, B- Square, no luck!

Comments

• bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck, i had the same problem, i got one of the cabela's laser boresighters for christmas and i think it will fit the .20
  • jlburdgejlburdge Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it isn't all that hard to make one yourself. since i have a lathe (a drill press would work w/flat file going slow) )i turned down a brass rod so that i would have one for my .204 ruger and also i made one for a .17 . on one end i cut a groove (with a foredom, you could use a dremel w/cutoff wheel if you don't have a foredom) inserted a short piece of spring steel piano wire w/slight bend/hump and crimped it in. on the other end i just cut out a slight flat spot with a file for my culminator clamp screw to fit into. spent apx. an hour for both. larry b.
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    chris,at our store we use the new Bushnell magnetic boresighter,it does not need any arbors.It works fine on everything from 17's to muzzleloaders,you could sell yours on fleabay,just a thought
  • ironquackerironquacker Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem you are having. I now boresite with a small flashlight in a dark room. If you are boresiting a bolt action rifle go to a dark room take the bolt out place the small flashlight where the bolt would be it will shine on the wall move the scope to where the light is on the wall this will definitely get you on paper.