In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jason,

That would be the models chambered in 40 S&W, or 357 SIG only. The 9mm would also require a different slide, as the case head is smaller than the 40 or 357, and would need a different extractor/ejector. you might also need a different recoil spring for the 40/357 conversion as well as mags, but i think the 40 and 357 mags will interchange.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Lone wolf makes a 40/357 to 9mm conversion barrel so if you buy their barrel, you can use your stock slide.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45
    Lone wolf makes a 40/357 to 9mm conversion barrel so if you buy their barrel, you can use your stock slide.

In no way can the slide be a stock configuration. The DIAMETER of the 9MM case head is way smaller than the 40S&W, or the 357 Sig which is based on the 40 S&W. The extractor, would have problems.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS139-64304-2999.html

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?*=4275

With customer reviews saying it works. Dont ask me, I just saw it in the catalog and relayed the info.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965

In no way can the slide be a stock configuration. The DIAMETER of the 9MM case head is way smaller than the 40S&W, or the 357 Sig which is based on the 40 S&W. The extractor, would have problems.

Oh yes you can. The Lone Wolf barrel works perfectly. It is basically a .40 S&W sized blank but chambered in 9mm, so it fits right into the Glock 22. The .40 extractor is large enough to catch the 9mm brass just fine.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

But it doesn't.

I've seen this work with my own eyes using a stock slide and it ran just fine. (I think there is a video of a guy on You Tube demonstrating one, too).

The .40 extractor does extract the 9mm shells, though not quite as far or hard as the .40s.

Note that this is NOT a stock Glock 9mm barrel just dropped into a .40 Glock. Its a special conversion barrel to fit in a .40 sized frame.
  • Options
    Eternal Sun 111666Eternal Sun 111666 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 Bean. I own a Lone wolf 40 to 9mm conversion barrel using on my Glock 23. It has functioned 100 percent. I have fired around 900 rounds with no issues. As an experiment I used my 40 magazine filled with 9mm cartridges and it worked, But Lone wolf recommends using a 9mm Mag (which I agree is the way to go). No other changes were needed. Just drop in the conversion barrel, and use a 9mm mag.

quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah

But it doesn't.

I've seen this work with my own eyes using a stock slide and it ran just fine. (I think there is a video of a guy on You Tube demonstrating one, too).

The .40 extractor does extract the 9mm shells, though not quite as far or hard as the .40s.

Note that this is NOT a stock Glock 9mm barrel just dropped into a .40 Glock. Its a special conversion barrel to fit in a .40 sized frame.
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    My Glock 22 handles 357 sig and 40 cal...don't know about the 9mm