In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Norinco MAK90 .223 - threaded

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have recently acquired a Norinco MAK 90 in .223 (5.56) NIB. The barrel is threaded, and has the protector over the end (not welded). Any idea of value. I have not seen too many of these.
Thanks,
Shane

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one in the auction Henry posted has been altered into AK configuration, they originally came neutered with a thumb hole stock, etc.

It would be make a lot of difference in value and legality ( 922 C ), if yours is factory original or not. My 2?.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    factory original NIB
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the home builts and cheap Roumanian AK's in various configurations floating around, original neutered MAK 90's with the thumb hole stock don't have a lot of collector/shooter interest/value. Because yours is .223 and NIB, you might find a collector that would be interested though?

As long as somebody has already dremeled the spot weld on the protector, you might consider making it completely 922 C compliant. There are a lot of AK parts for sale on the net. An AK in .223 would sell a hack of a lot faster then a MAK 90.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    there's no spot weld on the protector.