In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

remington 3006

sharpshoootersharpshoooter Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
what would a cherry "looking" dark finsh Rem 3006 bolt action that holds 5 or 6 in the mag under neath. Also a luepold decent scope be $$$$$$

THANKS!!

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We would need some pictures to be sure about the rifle and scope, but we can give you a typical scenario...

It sounds like a 700 BDL with a Leupold stock...most typically it would be a VXII 3-9x40. With both in good shape, I would say 500-600 if iI were the one buying.
  • vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't believe i have ever seen a model 700 in 30.06 that will hold 5 or 6 in the magazine. 4 in the mag. and one in the tube is most common. i would wager that it is not a factory stock if what you say is true. so then i would wonder what else has been monkeyed with. best take it out for a try before you make an offer. if it's a shooter i'd agree with trs1965 on the offer.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    this could possibly also be a m-30 or m-725, these would hold 5 in the mag.
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or a remiington 1917. They will hold 6. I did have a 700 BDL that would hold 5 in the magazine.