In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta A303 Manual

JackiePapersJackiePapers Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
Anybody have an idea where I can get a Manual for this gun?

Also, isd there any way you can determine the DOM of an A303 from the SN?

Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure where you can get a manual. But this info, borrowed from shotgunworld.com, should help with the date.

"All firear"\s made in Italy are required by law to be tested by the Government Proof House, which marks the firearm with several symbols, one of which is a code identifying the year in which the firearm was proofed. A key to the code is shown below.

Note: The date code is not a part of the serial number. Read the paragraph below to learn where to find the date code.

In recent years the two-letter code has usually been enclosed in a rectangle. On shotguns, the mark is usually found on the bottom of the barrel. It may be necessary to remove the forearm, and sometimes to remove the barrels from the receiver, in order to expose the mark. I have also seen the date code on the bottom of the frame (receiver) of a semi-automatic, but I have never seen it on the receiver of a break-action gun.

On recent pistols the mark is usually located on the frame near the trigger guard, and for older pistols the mark is on the slide or on the frame behind the grip area.

In some case, especially on older pistols, the actual date in Arabic numerals may be used, or a combination of Roman and Arabic numerals. For example, 1972 is usually represented by XXVIII, but in a few cases it may be written XX8 or as 1972. Also, during the years 1945-1953, some Berettas may be marked with Arabic numbers 1-9 rather than Roman numerals I-IX.

During the years 1935-1943, before the National code system was enacted, some Berettas were marked with the Roman numerals XIII (1935) through XXI (1943). Thus, guns bearing those Roman numerals may need additional evidence to establish the year of manufacture. Beretta used no date code in 1944.

It is not clear to me when firearms by Italian manufacturers other than Beretta began to be marked with date codes - it may have been as late as 1954, with Roman numeral X."

Couldn't get the table of codes to print but 303s were made from '87 to '96 I think. Date codes for those years are: AS = 1987, AT = '88, AU = '89, AZ = '90, BA = '91, BB '92, BC = '93, BD = '94, BS ='95, BH = '96.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awesome responses guys! The one I just bought is almost perfect condition and the AU would indicate 1989 DOM.

I'm printing the manual as I speak! [:D]

Thanks again!

Does $350 for 12 ga 3" mag 28" sound about right?
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    350 is a steal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah.. I thought so too! [:D]

20 yeas old and it looks like its never been fired! I'm a happy camper!

Now... Can anybody tell me what choke this guy came with? It has three little marks (cuts ?) (Scores?) on the muzzle edge between two of the wrench notches.