In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 70 Supergrade

jokenjoken Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a Supergrade in 338 win mag. Nice looking rifle all 95% or better. Very subjective I know asking whats it worth. I can't find any for sale for comparison. I paid $700 about 5yrs back. Thanks, Ken

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pre-'64 or post'64. The serial number will tell us.
  • Options
    cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here ya go, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104082523 this one comes with scope and ammo.. If you paid $700,5years ago I doubt it was a pre 64
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DID they ever even make a PRE 64 in 338 supergrade.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perry shooter, They made 9,525 pre-'64 Model 70 Alaskans in .338 Mag but none in Super Grade. You sure know your model 70's.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    joken,

It sounds like a 'post-96/pre-64' style action. As it stands @ 95% you probably have about a $1K value rifle. Assuming you bought it new five years ago. UNLESS, which according to my books it exists, you have an actual 'Pre-64' .338 Win mag. model 70 Supergrade. I show them being built in Supergrade from 1958(sales began in '59)-1960. The Supergrade was discontinued three years before the big change of '63/'64. If that is the case double-and-a-half that figure.

I hope more versed Winchester collectors will come on this forum and set the record straight. I'm not personally a collector. I'm just going by what I have in a couple of gun books I have.
  • Options
    jokenjoken Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got it used about 5yrs back. It is not a pre 64. It has controlled round feed and the red butt pad. Pretty wood. Thanks, Ken
  • Options
    snickerssnickers Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your rifle has the Red pad with no black forend tip you have the first generation of the controlled round Super Grade. Post 64. In 95% I would think it should bring about $900.00.