In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need info on Colt 45

torizustorizus Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking at a Colt 45 1911 SER# 73XX NM in what appears to be 98% condition, anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    JesseLeeJesseLee Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Help you with what??? You made a statement but no question was asked. Help us help you!
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was made in 1961 and is probably worth more than a new one.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it is a COLT I suspect it is a SPRINGFIELD which is a company That bought the name and in fact have nothing to do with Colt or the Springfield Armory that made pistols under U.S. contracts. They used a play on words and put NM as part of their serial numbers to make the un-knowing buyer think they were getting a NATIONAL MATCH "NM" pistol . If it is a colt it will have adjustable sights with the rear one marked ELLIASON the trigger will be wide with an open space and have an adjustable screw the slide will be marked on the left side in two lines NATIONAL COLT AUTOMATIC IN THIS CASE 98% = $1500 + OR -
    *MATCH* CALIBER 45
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Pics and some more info would REALLY help. If it is a Colt and born in 61 it is a pre 70 series. IF it is a National Match and NOT been permantly altered in ANY way, you have a very desirable Colt.

You can look up Colt's Neandrathal web site...get their customer service number and give customer service the serial and they for free...will give you the born on date.

...As Perry said and IF it is at least 90% and UNTOUCHED...could be worth the $1,500 and probably more, like closer to $2,000+.

...PICS...AND the actual question would be a big help dude...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif