In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling rifle - picture question

tufunuf2tufunuf2 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I listed my 243 Winchester on GunBroker.Com and was wondering if there is a phone number for getting help with a question. I was only able to post 4 pictures, and only one of the pictures came out big. The other 3 are smaller sized.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    There's an "edit" or "edit pictures" function. Find it, and erase what you don't like, and re-do. Best, Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,713 ******
    edited November -1
    Actually, you can post as many as you like but only 4 at a time. Once you post your auction, go to "manage my pictures" and then "add pictures" without removing any of the others. They will just show beneath the first 4. For example, I posted 11 pictures in this auction:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=100670346
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Spider - I tried adding the url locations, but it didn't turn out too good. I'll try what you said.

Thanks again. - Tuf
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What photo hosting site did you use? What is the size of the images you uploaded to the photo hosting site?

Most importantly, did you read the photo posting procedure at the top of the ASK THE EXPERTS page? While this is designed to help those posting to the forum, much of it applies to ads.

And, no, there is no phone number where you can call for photo help.

Neal
  • Options
    makindumakindu Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to complicate the matter, but I have never understood why people use ?? a photo hosting website (other than Gunbroker). All you need to do is save your own pictures on your own hard drive, i.e. like crate a 'new folder' on your desktop called 'Remington 870'. Using the photo editing software of your choice, resize your pics to 640 x 480 (or again, whatever size you wish to display), assign them a name (i.e. 870 stock), and store them (as jpeg images .jpg file extension) in the newly created folder. If you are unsure of what size they will look like on Gunbroker, just double-click on them and they should open up in your browser. Or click and drag them over to your browser to see how big they appear. That is exactly how they will appear on Gunbroker. When uploading your pics to Gunbroker, you no longer have to upload your photos into a photo hosting site such as photo bucket. As long as you have the jpeg images on your hard drive, you can simply upload them directly to Gunbrokers 'photo hosting' auctions. Can someone explain to me why so many of you use a photo hosting site, rather than simply just uploading your images directly from your computer to the Gunbroker auction site? It seems like a lot of extra work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I used Photobucket. I used the size they specified. I read the instructions.

I was able to add all the photos thanks to forum members help.

Tuf
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    What photo hosting site did you use? What is the size of the images you uploaded to the photo hosting site?

Most importantly, did you read the photo posting procedure at the top of the ASK THE EXPERTS page? While this is designed to help those posting to the forum, much of it applies to ads.

And, no, there is no phone number where you can call for photo help.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I uploaded the pictures directly to the GunBroker.com site.

Tuf
    quote:Originally posted by makindu
    Not to complicate the matter, but I have never understood why people use ?? a photo hosting website (other than Gunbroker). All you need to do is save your own pictures on your own hard drive, i.e. like crate a 'new folder' on your desktop called 'Remington 870'. Using the photo editing software of your choice, resize your pics to 640 x 480 (or again, whatever size you wish to display), assign them a name (i.e. 870 stock), and store them (as jpeg images .jpg file extension) in the newly created folder. If you are unsure of what size they will look like on Gunbroker, just double-click on them and they should open up in your browser. Or click and drag them over to your browser to see how big they appear. That is exactly how they will appear on Gunbroker. When uploading your pics to Gunbroker, you no longer have to upload your photos into a photo hosting site such as photo bucket. As long as you have the jpeg images on your hard drive, you can simply upload them directly to Gunbrokers 'photo hosting' auctions. Can someone explain to me why so many of you use a photo hosting site, rather than simply just uploading your images directly from your computer to the Gunbroker auction site? It seems like a lot of extra work.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by makindu

You are correct. To get photos onto Gunbroker Auctions.

Some of the respondants have been refering to this forum, which is a sub-site (and is formatted differently), and is not set up for a direct photo-transfer from your computer. That's what some of the respondants have been refering to. This forum needs a host site. Best, Joe
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    SOMETIMES MY PIC DO THAT BUT AFTER A LITTLE TIME THEY FIX THEM SELF.

not sure why they do it