In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

lyman SB tang sight for 1885 with windage adj.

eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
edited August 2011 in Ask the Experts
i picked up a lyman SB tang sight for a 1885 win. with a windage adjustment, in ex condition. the tang sight on my 1885 low wall does not have this adjustment, does it make the SB tang more valueable with the windage adj.? eastbank.

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "SB" marked tang sight is specifically for the high-walls chambered for the 30/40 Krag cartridge, and those in 22 rimfire.

Which specific Lyman variation is the tang sight you have?
  • cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same sb marked sight but it has no windage adjustment. Are you sure someone didnt put a different stem on it. Mine is on a 22 short lowall.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    it is only marked SB on the under side of the base,so i don,t know which cal. its for but the stem turns up pretty far.. the windage adj. is not on the stem,but on the base. when you turn the windage knob the whole stem moves. the whole stem asslembly dove tails into the base with the windage knob moving the whole stem left or right as needed. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    It sounds like you have a No. 103 micrometer tang sight.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    thanks BERT.H, its a neat sight.i thought it may be for a carbine with a non dove tailed front sight. it would make sense to have a windage adj. on the rear tang sight on the carbines with out a rear barrel sight. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    thanks BERT.H, its a neat sight.i thought it may be for a carbine with a non dove tailed front sight. it would make sense to have a windage adj. on the rear tang sight on the carbines with out a rear barrel sight. eastbank.

The "SB" application code defines it as a Model 1885 sight.