In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glenfield/Marlin Nod 60

Big Cedar IdahoBig Cedar Idaho Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
Thanks for all the response. I put this up for info early this morn and used extraction instead of ejection. Ejection is what the problem is. The cartridge case remains gripped by the extractors after firing or by hand operation of the bolt with a unfired cartridge. The result is that since the case is not ejected; when the bolt attempts to move forward to pick up another cartridge a "jam" occurs. The firing pin should be causing the ejection to occur, but it is not happening. Everything has been completely cleaned and the firing pin length is within.002in. of a number that I had located.
I still would appreciate more input.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Big Cedar IdahoBig Cedar Idaho Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hangfire, You led me to the problem. You are absolutely correct. The whole leg of the spring was gone. I was not smart enough to spot it. Thanks a million.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So is the firing pin also the ejector? Maybe the bolt is not fully reaching reward travel (spring or rod bent). Perhaps the ejector is busted off if it had one.
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There should be a wire/spring leg that ejects the case.. The bolt travels over it, and it can get bent or broken.. Click on part 16..

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=285/schematicsdetail/60

It needs to be adjusted correctly for height, and lateral position.. You can experiment bending it yourself, or it should be an easy fix for a shop.. I used a filed/sized washer as a gauge, most shops have a simple tool.. I've forgotten the numbers..
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ejector on the Model 60 is in the bolt. It does force the spent cartridge out of the rifle after fired. The ejector spring and ejector may be full of carbon. The blow back rifles like these and the 60 specially can get very dirty. I would take the bolt out of the rifle and soak it in solvent and blow it out with some compressed air. I would also do a real good cleaning job on the whole rifle. The area down around the magazine will when dirty will cause feeding problems and should be cleaned well.

Emmett

Edit:

It has been quite a while since that have sold the Model 60. If you don't think that it is dirty then it could be a broken spring. It has to be one of three things a defective spring, ejector or it is very dirty.