In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help ID muzzle loader please

torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine picked this up and we are trying to ID it and put a value on it. Sorry about the quality of the pics, he isn't that good at taking them.[:D]
It is a left hand side lock muzzle loader. Barrell is about 18 1/2" stock 23 1/2" and overall length is 32"
jrblackpowder.jpg
74888792.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Sorry to say but I think either Spanish or South American made in the last 50 years
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree, better photos are needed, but quality does not appear high and value is likely to be very modest indeed.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Left hand lock.
    Hmm, wonder if some bush gunsmith salvaged a busted double barrel for its locks. He did put a trademark on it, which is more than you can say for a lot of cheap guns of the sort.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ouch, you guys are brutal[;)]

This gun was made for a kid, Russian is as close to the lettering that I could find.

The metal is engraved with the same style that is on the stock, but done professionally.

I believe that it is .32 cal.

There is no ramrod or even a place to put one. There is a sling mount that would even prevent one from being attached.

Thanks Torosapo for posting this...I guess I'm as good with a camera as I am posting pics!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'