In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KAHR CW9

pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
I havent been on this site for quite a while but I thought I would log on and ask a question.
I have been offerd to buy a KAHR CW9 9mm, Brand new in the box, only one magazine, standard sights for $360.00. I have never owned a KAHR but I have shot a smaller framed version in .40. I would appreciate any feedback on this firearm if anyone has personal knowledge of them.
Thank You

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i bought one on 12/10/07 and the firdt time it broke a follower and i called kahr they sent me 2. I went to the range today for the secound time and the extractor fell off. Has there been a lot of trouble with these pistols? So much for trusting the gun. it is for carry. back to the old 1911
  • Options
    noell316noell316 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a CW9 for about a year. Had no problems with it, shot about 150 rounds of ball thru it and 100 or so JHP. Never had a stoppage or problem. Clean and lube it every month or so. My Mom has mine now.
  • Options
    lpaalplpaalp Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one in 9mm. I didn't care for the extremely long trigger take up; I can't attest to its accuracy, because the trigger pull was so long I would lose interest before a round fired.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice little concealed carry weapon, accurate, reliable, easy to carry.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Never had or fired the CW9. Sure like my P-9 + P-45 [^]
    I have had two K-9,s and a K-40. Never had a problem with any Kahr I've had. Being a old revolver shooter, the trigger feels good to me.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been carrying a PM-9 for some time now and it is the best concealed carry pistol I have ever found. The pistol is very well made and the company stands behind it with excellent customer service. The trigger doesn't bother me at all. Remember what the pistol is intended for - a short range defensive fire-fight not Camp Perry. It is rated for +p loads and the new Speer Gold Dot +p short barrel load is advertised to make 1100+ fps from its 3" bbl. Spare magazines are available from various sources for less than $40.
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As said, not a match gun but seems to be pretty good. For the caliber, it certainly is light and quite easy for ccw, I almost forget it's there. Ditto's on clean and lube, something I need to do better. Recoil much more managable than I expected and the price is tough to beat for that much gun.
  • Options
    Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    I've owned the CW9, P9, P380, PM45 and the K40, all are nice shooters. I carry the P9 everyday and love it. The CW9 is just a little cheaper vision. $360 is about average for that gun. The only negative thing I can find about the Kahr's is the long trigger pull. Take it to the range and get accustom to it and buy a couple more mags before you carry it. Happy shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the feedback, I did pick this one up and so far pretty happy with it. Took it to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in. It does have a long trigger pull, but it is manageable, I have revolvers so the trigger pull is pretty similar. Just need a couple more mags and a holster and Im in business. Thanks again!!