In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Meprolight front site on a 581 series Mini-14?

wildeman.7.62natowildeman.7.62nato Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
Anybody have input on the Meprolight front sight for the 581 series Mini-14? Good? Bad? Worth the money? If you've go some experience with the site let me know what you think. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I do not have any experience with that particular sight, I do have experience with tritium sights. Realistically speaking, you are going to have to replace them every 7-10 years, lest they become just another non-illuminated sight. Other than that, they are great quality.

I am not 100% sure, which it was, but it was either Meprolite, or Trijicon, that got sold to Kimber.

Best

EDIT 1

Glow in the dark paint, does not even come remotely close to the Tritium insert sights, for illunination. The Tritium sights are worth it, you just have to replace them every 7-10 years.

Best
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be better off spending the cash on Bright Sights Glow In The Dark Paint and the rest of the cash on ammo.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have a set on one of my AR,S. It has to be very dark to see them.
    Most of the tritium sight makers have lifetime warranty on them now.
    They are worth the money,if you need them. I used to shoot night matches and have not used them since.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a set of Trijicon night sights from 1999 on a pistol and they are still glowing strong! Meprolight makes an excellent sight as well and if you anticipate using your Mini in low light conditions, then the front sight would be a good investment.