In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi 410 shotgun ?

Just TimJust Tim Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in Ask the Experts
My BIL got a Rossi 410 single shot given to him and he asked me if he can shoot 45 LC in it like his Taurus Judge ? I didn't know so I said I would ask. Thanks Tim

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    NO completely different specs. When it comes to his firearm. . on the other hand yes he can shoot it ONCE but most likely will not like results as It MAY BLOW and there is no rifling in the smooth bore barrel of the 410 so accuracy will suck.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The diameter of the 45 LC bullet, is .452. Single barrel 410's, usually are full chocked. This translates to approximately .390, at the muzzle.

Take PS's advice. No matter the stupid stuff you see on U tube. Firing a .452 diameter bullet through a .390 barrel constriction, isn't prudent.
  • Options
    Just TimJust Tim Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks that is what I thought, I will tell him.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Judge is basically a .45 colt that can also shoot .410, but a .410 cannot shoot .45 Colt safely, nor .44 mag.