In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Nylon 11

davcondavcon Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone sale replacement stocks for these. I have one that is in great shape minus the stock.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement stock for a remington nylon 11 and also factory magazines?

Thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a remington nylon 11. Can someone please tell me where to find the serial number on this rifle? I know that 22,500 of these were produced between 1962 and 1965 with serial numbers from 00001 thru 22500 but I can't seem to locate where this number is on the rifle.
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you get the inf on the serial number range?
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remington website. I clicked on the about us link and then the history link. Under rimfire they have nylon 11.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe that is inaccurate information. Looking at the Nylon 66, for instance, it shows complete serialization throughout manufacture which is definitely incorrect - they were not serialized during earliest production. Also looking at the Mohawk 10C, they show them not be to serialized when, in fact, they all were.I have had a few Nylon 11 rifles, none were serialized. Being made prior to 1968, they were not required to bear serial numbers.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That would explain why I can't find the number. I don't doubt your right about this but I can't understand how remington could be so wrong about their own rifles. Can you tell me how much this rifle is worth?
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None of the nylon Remington rifles made before 1968 had serial numbers. If the Remington web site has contrary information, it is wrong. The same idiots who market Remingtons must have made up the web site.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is some collector interest in the Nylon series rifles, and the Nylon 11 is not seen that often. If the gun is in excellent shape, you can probably bring $175+ at auction.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thank both of you. I have to agree that your both correct on this because there is no number on this rifle anywhere. I hope remington gets their act together and starts posting accurate information. Do you know if the 22,500 units produced between 62 and 65 is correct?
  • Options
    11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gentlemen are right. No serial numbers on the Mod 11. However, if you want to date it there are two letters on the left side of the barrel that will indicate month and year of mfg.Believe the code was 'BLACKPOWDERX'If you have a copy of the "Blue Book of Gun Values" believe the code is shown there. Also serial number ranges for a good manyother brands.Hope this helps at least give you a birth date.One more thing, All except for a few of the bolt action rifles were approx. 37 inches in overall length.A small amount of the Mod 10, 11, & 12 can be found with a longer barrel.Believe these barrels were also used on the Rem. Mod 510x, 511x & 512X.Really looks odd, but brings a premium if in according to condition.Hope this is of use.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The rifle is 38 1/2" long. I do not have a Blue Book to check the code. The rifle is overall in very good condition with a few minor dings on stock.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it for sale???contact snake803@juo.com
  • Options
    00scoots00scoots Member Posts: 410 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JudgeColt, AntiqueDr and 11thcanopy are correct on most of the facts.

The Nylon 11 has brought upwards of $400 at auction! Go figure! I won't mention how much the lever action Nylon 76 Trailrider auctions for!

For more information on how to date your Nylon 11 check out this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nylonrifles/

You can never have too many guns!!!