In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9MM WW1 Luger value?

ammoboxammobox Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
I own a registered 9MM Luger, Ser # 1375b, with barrel markings "1918 DWM". It is in working condition but there is some pitting on the barrel at the muzzle and also on the side plate. The blueing is well worn and the holding open device is broken but can likely be silver soldered. All parts have the same # stamp. The barrel length is approx 4" and there are two magazines with it. Can you tell me something about this pistol and maybe give me a likely value for it?

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    The hold open device can be purchased from Numrich Arms; the gun can be sold for around $700-800 in the condition you described. For a better response, check out http://www.lugerforum.comm

Good luck.

"'To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime.'
    Nuremburg Tribunal, 1946"
    It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    WELCOME to the FORUMS: I'm going to recommend that you contact Gunbrokers very own resident Forum Member..Mr. Ralph Shattuck...Author of the Book...WORLD of LUGERS....Theres No Charge...and Ralph will be Most Happy to Help You..
    <Ralph@WorldOfLugers.com> or <Ralph@lugers.com>

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Many thousands made, one of the most common WWI Lugers. In the shape you described, you should realize $450 to $675 on a sale.

...honor is important only when dealng with honorable men.
    You asked if I have reverence? I have reverence for truth, but I do not know what truth is. I suspect there are many truths, and therefore, I suspect all who claim to have THE truth. L'Amour
  • ammoboxammobox Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your help, I appreciate the expertise available to folks like me via this forum. Seasons Greetings to all.
  • neatgunsneatguns Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The prices listed were for the U.S. market. I know Lugers and collectible firearms bring much less in Canada. Too much hassle to own them! It has been 15 years since I was in any Canadian gun stores but I recall several items in a shop in London, Ontario that I was really tempted to try to import to the U.S. (A slabside Mauser Broomhandle for $675.00 Canadian was the best.) I gave up that idea when I got the forms and realized how much trouble it was to import firearms. First, a military issue Luger can only be brought in by a licensed importer. Individuals can import sporting guns, but not military surplus. I doubt a Luger in the condition described would be worth the trouble to get an importer to bring in legally.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have seen well worn examples going for $450. Yours sounds a LITTLE better so I would say in the $5-$600 range, but no more.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf