In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CVA Kodiak Magnum

bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
Just wondering if anyone had one, and if so what kind of groupd are you getting? also what brand and weight bullets are you using? i have a .45 caliber and am using the 195 gr. hollow point powerbelts with 2 50 gr triple 7 pellets. the groups are jumping, it will shoot two in almost the same hole, then jump about two inches shoot two in the same hole, jump again shoot two in the same hole. i was cleaning after every shot for a while, but i was getting no group whatsoever. after i quit cleaning it, it would group and jump. never had anything like this happen. it is "good enough" to kill a deer, but it isn't good enough for me. the scope is a cabela's pine ridge blackpowder scope, 2.5-7. all this was at 50 yards. i don't even want to get into 100 yards with it yet.

I'm not an expert, but i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comments

• hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one just like it about 4 years ago. It wouldn't group worth a crap at any distance so I sold it to a gunsmith guy that I work with. Come to find out, the holes for the scope base were drilled crooked somehow, and the base wasn't sitting correct. He sent it in. They fixed it, and then it would shoot 1-2" groups at about 75 yards with regularity. I guess I learned one there. Oh well. I would wonder if it isn't the scope, not the gun. I'd try changing the scope, and see what happens. If another scope does the same thing, then at least you know it's the gun, and not the scope.
  • strokn47265strokn47265 Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was like that when i got it. A friend of my grandpa told me to just take it out and shoot the crap out of it. So i bought the cheapest sabots 50 of them and pyro. pellets. I did so and now it will shoot 1/2 groups at 100 yards using 295 hp powerbelts and 150 gr. 777. I also run a patch between each shot. He called it seasoning the barrel. Hope this helps, it helped mine alot.