In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tec 9 jams

rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a intratec 9mm and it jams. I know, your thinking "duh" but, surely someone knows something that will make it shoot more than one and then jamming. It shoots 1 and jams, I fix it and it shoots 1 and jams. I have took it apart so many times, it ain't funny anymore!
HHHEEELLLLPPPPP!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    16 people read this and nobody has anything? COME ON![V]
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I would sell it and buy something better.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have what is the only semi-auto ever made that was intended to shoot as a single shot. Dump it quick!!
  • Options
    westkybandedwestkybanded Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a dremmel, and some flitz polish and polish the bejezus out of the feed ramp.

A buddy of mine had one YEARS ago, and once we did that it would go very reliably. Even got it to work a time or three with a hellfire dumping entire mags.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine loads them fine (I think) The problem is, it won't kick out the shell fast enough. In other words, it catches the hull. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you're using FMJ ammo. I'm also assuming the fired case is ejected.
    If there is a hold-open device, put one round in the mag , fire it to see if the bolt locks back. If it doesn't lock back, the bolt spring is too strong or the ammo is underpowered.
    With the safety on, slowly ease the bolt forward stripping a cartridge from the mag. Watch how it chambers. Observe if the bullet is aimed toward the center of the chamber. If it's too high, the front of the mag feed lips need to be bent closed slightly. If too low the front of the mag lips needs be straightened slightly.
    Check with full, half empty and last round. If it doesn't feed the same in all conditions, the mag follower is rocking.
    There could be other problems but go through these first.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One problem I see with these beauties is with the molded mag well. I have found that inserting the mag securely and rocking the lower portion forward it changes the angle of the next-to-feed cartridge and improves feeding. Holding them at arms length and rotating your arm 90 degrees, as seen in the urban movies, doesn't help!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive owned lots of intertec's and mac-11's. around the neck of the woods where i live theyre referred to as trash guns. when they are brand new you can expect them to cycle. as they age and many rounds are fired through them, they lose their head spacing. in other words the barrel begins to turn slightly out of the receiver but not enough to notice with the bare eye. its at this point that the weapon begins to frustrate you to the point that your willing to "throw it in the trash"(trash guns)! not to worry because there are gunsmiths around to rotate your barrel back to its proper head spacing but it will probably cost you more than your "tec" is worth. if this was a weapon handed down to you by family(sentimental)then have it repaired, if its not then you have already heard some sound advice on this issue. sell it while you can! best!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for giving me the inspiration to fix it. That's right I FIXED IT AND IT FEELS GREAT!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, the only gun you can take a dremel to and actually expect it to work better, lolz... )

Doesn't hurt to get a new quality made magazine either ;)
  • Options
    AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been able to trace most TEC issues to the extractor. When they get worn they'll get pushed back into the bolt and not control the fired case in it's rearward travel.

D.