In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ortiges pocket pistol

AirCommandoAirCommando Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a newly purchased Ortiges 7.65mm and am replacing the firing pin. Can't figure out how to keep the firing pin spring and spring guide in place to snap it together. Anybody have one of these who can give me some help?
Thanks, AC

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Inside the slide there is a small indention in the firing pin slot on the right side. Press in the firing pin guide and cause it to detent in the indentation. Assemble the slide to the frame. The firing pin assembly will automatically disengage from the detent and voila', you have success!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks P3skyking, I appreciate it. I knew there must be a trick!
    AC
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Glad to be of help. Congrats on aquiring an Ortgies. They are one of the best, most underappreciated pocket pistols of all time in my opinion.
    BTW, there is also a trick to getting the grip panels off without breaking them you should know. Insert a flat bladed screwdrive up into the magazine well and press the spring loaded flat (located about half the way up) rearward. Then from the inside of the well, press the rear of the panels outward. Assembly is just reverse of the above. [:)]
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I had the same trouble with mine. Took a while and a diagram to figure it out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's some pics of it. I wonder how many were made with nickel plating. Looks factory to me.
    P38011.jpg
    P38010.jpg
    P38009.jpg