In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stevens Favorite Model 1915

AnkhAnkh Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
we recently acquired a Stevens Favorite Model 1915 and we were trying to do some research on this gun to sell but most of the sites said it was a hexagonal barrel but after doing some research myself i came across the information that the model #17 had a rounded barrel, i was just wondering if anybody had any information on this gun it is a Stevens Favorite Model 1915 possibly #17 and also it does have the SVG stamp on it so any additional information ie years, production numbers, any information would be very helpful

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,713 ******
    edited November -1
    I recently sold a Stevens Model 1915 "Favorite", 22lr, with the Savage "SVG" on the frame. It had an octagonal barrel (hexagons only have 6 sides; octagons have 8). The Number 17 had a round barrel. Like yours, mine was the Number 27 as shown below:

No. 17: Round barrel with standard sights.
    No. 20: Smoothbore.
    No. 27: Full octagon barrel with standard sights.
    No. 28: Full octagon barrel fitted with Beach combo front sight, leaf
    rear sight and vernier tang sight.
    No. 29: Full octagon barrel fitted with Lyman front sight, leaf rear sight and a Lyman tang sight.

Stevens made over 1,000,000 "Favorite" boys' rifles from 1893 through 1939. As yours has the "SVG" stamp, it was made after 1920 when Savage purchased Stevens.