In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1100?

fl23infl23in Member Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Ask the Experts
i was reading a couple diff places on the 1100 and seems that some ppl make it seem there is a old and new style. Is this so? if so when did the change happen and what was the changes. and if there are old and new are the "old style" more sought after

thanks

Comments

• Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "old" 12 GA Model 1100's had fixed chokes, lighter barrels, and I think that they felt better and were were faster handling. The later 12 GA 1100's had screw-in choke tubes, thicker, and heavier barrels. As a result they were slower handling and didn't have as good a feel. Early 20 GA 1100's were built on the 12 GA frame and they were heavier and larger than later 20 GA guns built on a smaller 20 GA frame. So, I like the early 12 GA guns and the later 20 GA guns. I'm not certain what year the changes took place but it's fairly easy to tell the difference.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the Rem choke or screw in was introduced in 1986 if my memory serves me right
  • Options
    fl23infl23in Member Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^ ok cool. thanks for the info. I have both 12 and 20 in the older frame style. both made in 1977