In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Shotguns

USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
Why did Ruger quit making shotguns

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    a seller claims to have a Ruger O/U 12 Ga. KRL-1227-BRE , hand engraved shotgun and only 45 of them were ever made anyone here have any positive info ? he is asking $1,200 for it, is this authentic ?

any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If none of our folks can help, you might consider posting to the Ruger forum site. One of their boards is concerned with collectable Rugers. I'm sure one of their posters would be able to verify if their were any factory original, engraved Ruger O/U's.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can call Ruger records and for free they will tell you how it left the factory. You will just need the SN. The phone is 603-865-2424. There are many factory engraved. They grade them a,b and c and there are probably a few that were special that went to the engraving studio
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $1200.00 would be a STEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I payed about that much for my Red Label without the engraving. Go for it.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you say a "seller" do you mean that it is listed here on GB or is it a friend or someone else. If it is listed here there might be a reason that it has not been bid on. Personally I don't care for highly engraved guns since I wouldn't take them out in the field. There doesn't seem to be much of a market for them unless they are cut by some known engraver or are on a really collectible firearm. Take a look at all of the different DU commemerative guns that are out there for sale, they are asking alot for them but they are hard to move. If you buy a gun that looks great and you shoot it it seems to take some $$ out of its value. It may be a great deal and in no way am I trying to talk you out of it. If you want it get it and enjoy it. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    toad67, no, the posting is not listed on GB, it is posted at our local shooting range, the gun has been fired already, the owner told me he fired it several times, cleaned it oiled it, put back in original packing and been sitting in a closet for a year or so, i don't care about the engraving or other fancy stuff, i just want a good O/U shotgun to shoot trap with occasionally. i have to wait till Monday to find out if i can get it, some offered him more than asking price but has not recieved payment, if he does not get the money by Monday it is mine. [:D]