In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster Carbon 15 longevity

farfromnormalfarfromnormal Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hi everyone, I was wondering your views/opinions on the Carbon 15 AR's. Will they hold up as well as the other AR's? Have any of you seen problems with them? They just seem to be too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• Options
    thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the XM15-E2S Bushmaster with a heavy stainless barrel.

No it's not a carbon 15, but you may have similar problems.

I swapped out the single stage trigger and installed bushmasters 2 stage trigger, after firing 125 rounds the trigger pin walked out and it fired a couple of doubles[:0] I'm ordering anti-walk pins before I shoot it again. (from Midway)

Bushmaster's customer service is poor, they don't respond timely. It took 6 months back order to get the 2 stage trigger group and they never emailed me an update. ( i ordered it and they never gave me an ETA) You won't like their single stage triggers. So you'll have to lay out $200.00 for a better trigger system.

I sent them an email about their magazines and they never responded.

If your gun your looking at is new, it would fall in the range of other clone AR's. Take your time and don't let price influence your decision and check other clones makes or colts.

good luck, my .02 cents

Thor
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    bushmaster was a good company in the day but was sold to new owners..the former owners have started a new company,,can;t remember the name?
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've had mine since right after the ban ended, and have had no problems out of it. Had it VERY hot several times. If you are going to get one, i would suggest getting it through Davidsons as they put a lifetime exchange warranty on it. mine is my patrol rifle now, all i did was put a SureFire M500a on it. Probably in excess of 10K rounds through it now.

EDIT: The originals did not have a FA, but i think the new ones have it. Mine does not, and have never had a need for it. Just reach in the port and pull the bolt foreward with your finger in the indent for opening the cover, which is also absent on this model.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are those the ones with no forward assist?