In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

trouble loading pics

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
I was trying to load a picture earlier. I followed the steps just as the sticky says, but all that uploads is a small box with a red x in it. What does that mean? ya, I know. I'm not very computer smart. Sorry

Comments

• jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    It means that for whatever reason, the picture isn't linking. The forum software knows that you are trying to insert a picture, but it isn't getting the source material. Likely causes would include trying to upload the pic directly to the forum rather than via a photo hosting sight, using the incorrect HTML tag, or using a photo hosting sight that for whatever reason isn't talking nice with the board.

To confirm, have you:
    1. Uploaded the picture to photobucket or similar?
    2. Is it in jpeg format?
    3. Inserted the picture using the proper code: IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/jonklei/P1071808.jpg[/IMG

I deliberately sabotaged the example above so you could see the code itself by deleting the first bracket and the last bracket so the image would not display- you would of course start with the "[" symbol and end with "]". That done you get this:

P1071808.jpg