In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington model 12 i.d.

jodividusjodividus Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have an octagon barrel remington pump 22. the barrel says remington arms co. ilion n.y. usa underneath it says pedersons patent jan 5 1909. other patents pending. near the rear sight it shows 22 short long or long rifle. serial number has rw above it, and the number is 729XX. there is no umc on buttplate, and it does not hve any markings on receiver. what model do I have? when was it made? bluing is above 90%. thank you

Comments

• Options
    CJ57CJ57 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your Rem is a model 12C made in 1911. The 12C was first offered in 1910. The first 12s were the 12A with 22"rd. barrel, 12B 24"oct. chambered in 22s only "GALLERY SPECIAL" first offered 1909, 12C being 22sl&lr In 1914 the 12CS "REMINGTON SPECIAL" same as 22WRF They didn't start marking the letter of model until 1919.

Hope that is what you wanted, Clark
  • Options
    jodividusjodividus Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you so much. is there much value in the unmarked ones like I have. i'd also like to get atang sight for mine. thanks again
  • Options
    CJ57CJ57 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think the unmarked guns are a lot more, the main thing is condition, yours being 90%+ sounds pretty good! I just saw 2 lyman tang sights go for around 200.00 a piece, their getting up there!