In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR 10, LAR 8, MP-10, 716

jeronimojeronimo Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
edited January 2014 in Ask the Experts
I started to look at 308 caliber semi. there are rock river, sw mp, sig sauer, and others assault type . I want a reliable, money's worth weapon? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    If it were me, I would certainly put the M1A on the short list.
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FN-FAL, with Imbel, DSA, or DCI reciever. Unless you can afford to go original import, which if you are shopping for those AR-10 platforms shouldn't be much difference in price for a well used Belgian or a nice Imbel (SAR48 or SAR4800)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a M1 national match, I picked up used and redone years ago. I'm looking more for a so callled assult weapon. At the nearest gun store they had a mp-10, rock river and a sig sauer 716. I like the ss 716. Because i read in gun test the two stage trigger in the rock river fail and became a single stage trigger?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hands down, no questions asked, the best one on the market for dollar value is the GAP-10, made by GA Precision, in N.Kansas City. They guarantee for 3/4MOA, and actually shoot 1/2 MOA. They are made on POF upper's and lower's, wioth a gas impingment system, and a Bartlein 5R barrel. The trigger is a crisp 3.5 pounds out of the box, but it is not your standard trigger,either. It has ambi-controls on the mage release, bolt release, and safety. All for around $3K.

Best
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just acquired an LWRC REPR w/ 20" barrel, their 308 version. Money's worth? It is a piston and it is relatively expensive, but a lot of the upgrades you would put on are there already. Gieselle two stage adjustable trigger, rebadged Troy BUIS sights, adjustable Magpul MIAD stock.

On the flip side, I have an HK91 with most of the bells as whistles but there are a ton of accessories available for it.

Both are heavy, especially with scopes. I think the LWRC runs about 11 lbs and the HK91 a little heavier.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeronimo
    I started to look at 308 caliber semi. there are rock river, sw mp, sig sauer, and others assault type . I want a reliable, money's worth weapon? Thanks

I bought the Sig Sauer 716, I let you know how it is when it warms up and I can shot it!